The CDM School of Computing Research Symposium (SOCRS 2017) will be held on:
Friday May 26th, 2017.
SOCRS is a research conference aimed at providing a forum for students (PhD, Masters and Bachelors) to present their research.
The Symposium invites authors to submit one of two types of written work using the conference Easychair site:
- Paper (min 5 pages)
- Abstract (250 words – 1 page)
- Paper submissions will lead to a presentation during the conference. Papers can be submitted for:
- new work!
- work already submitted or accepted for other conferences or journals
- There will be no restrictions on submitting work from SOCRS to other conferences or journals
- Abstract submissions will lead to a poster presentation during the conference. Abstracts should be submitted for:
- research work at an early stage
- program demonstration (MS or BS students only)
- All submissions will be reviewed by the CDM SOC faculty and PhD students, and comments will be returned to the authors.
- Accepted papers and abstracts will be published in the proceedings.
- Awards will be given for best student paper and best poster.
- Consult our Research page for resources on conducting research or writing a paper.
- Submit your work via Easychair
- Please use one of the following templates to format your paper [Poster abstract, Paper]
- Limit your abstract (for the paper submission) to 250 words
SOCRS is a fantastic venue to engage with CDM’s research community, and practice going through the process of submitting work to a conference.
This year the conference will be held with a single-track allowing attendees and presenters to attend every presentation.
April 21st, 2017 (Friday)
|Deadline for Paper submissions|
May 15th, 2017 (Monday)
|Deadline for Poster submissions|
May 5th, 2017(Friday)
|Notification to authors for Papers|
|May 19th, 2017 (Friday)||Deadline for camera ready version of all accepted Papers and Posters|
|May 26th, 2017 (Friday)||SOCRS 2017 conference|